Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lutherans on the West Coast are Making a Difference in Kenya

Recently, I made a west coast swing and met with Lutherans from Bremerton WA all the way down to San Diego. I know you are thinking how rough that must have been... San Diego in March. Ha!

LWML Pacific Zone - Spring Gathering - Thank you!

The trip started with a day in the presence of those beloved women of LWML. I spoke to the Pacific Zone at their Spring Gathering in Hillsboro, Oregon. Zion was the host congregation and Pastor Grant Knepper had a great sermon at their opening service. It never fails that I can always count on having a great time at LWML functions. The ladies are always special and willing to laugh. We had about 60 ladies from the zone. One of the things they were excited about was that the LWML national convention is to take place in Portland this summer. Here is the poster for their convention.

Other Churches and Pastors I Visited

I met with over sixteen people and 5 congregations on my trip. Unfortunately, I took on the flu for three days of the trip and I lost. I holed up in a hotel in Gilroy, CA for 3 days. I missed a couple of visits those days. Then I made my way to San Diego and spoke at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Pacific Beach CA. St. Paul's is a congregation that is very strong in their support of outreach in the community and missions around the world.

There were many others I visited with while on the west coast, and I'd like say thanks also to Peace, Bremerton WA. I met with Pastor Huelle and thanked him and Peace for their support from day one of Friends of Mercy.