Thursday, February 07, 2008

More Word on Kibera and Lutheran Church Normalizing

I'm not trying to be foolishly optimistic. Yes, Friends of Mercy is still planning our Faith & Mercy Expeditions in 2008 to Kenya. However, we are being very cautious and will rely on reports from those who live in Kenya, some of LCMS Mission people and LCMS WR people. We will communicate with other RSO's in Nairobi and pastors in the field.



Sell: "I want to watch my kids grow up and spoil my future grandchildren too."



We might have to postpone or reschedule some of our Expeditions. As I've said to those who are currently scheduled to go to Kenya with us, I start with the fact that, "I want to watch my kids grow up and spoil my future grandchildren too."



In other words, we are not at all taking this lightly. However, I do think it appears that the political leaders are slowly getting over the hump of the worse of it.



Kenya: Strategic highway to west reopens



For example, here is an article about how commerce is moving again and the roads to Western Kenya are open. This is crucial to the livelihood not only of western Kenya, but also for the land locked countries bordering Kenya, such as Ethiopia.